Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Shabby Chic library card with gift card pocket

 Hi everyone!
 I have another project using Teresa Collins Beautiful Baroque embossing envelope. It's made with a library card and tag. Super quick, but a really pretty way to give a gift of money or a gift card.

 Last week I showed you how to use aluminum foil to get this embossed ceiling tile look.  I layered a vintage image that I inked with Distress ink in Vintage Photo, on top of it. I love the look of the tag peeking out!

 Here's the envelope without the tag...
 I cut the tag from a Sizzix die, and then created a little pocket with a vintage image. Again  inked with the Distress ink. Then I attached a bit of vintage lace and a rose. My gift card is pretty, so I don't mind the look of it peeking out. if you have a gift card that doesn't match your card, you can just wrap it in a piece of pretty design paper or tissue paper.
Underneath the gift card is space for your greeting...if you have a lot to say, there's plenty of room on the back :)
                                            Making a beautiful pocket card turns an impersonal gift of money or a store card into a gift that looks like you've put much thought and love into it!

 Thanks for peeking, and if you have a minute, stop by and take a peek at my blog at:
                                               http://shabbybeautiful.blogspot.com/

1 comment: