Sunday, August 26, 2012

Large storage "armoirs" in my Scrap studio / room

 Hello Friends!
   Hope you all are getting in on the free digi collages! Feel free to share my link on your Facebook, Pinterest etc....I would really appreciate it!

Anyway, some of you were asking about my Tall Armoire type cabinets in my studio.    


These are actually 4 of the unfinished Utility cabinets from Home Depot. We used 2 on each side...my hubby put trim around the bottom of them to make them look like 1 unit. I love these! They have soooooooo much room, and the 2 drawers are a great feature. The adjustable shelves are super sturdy and can hold a lot of weight.

  We bought the hardware at Lowes....they look black in the picture, but they are aactually an oiled bronze.


Here's my hubby taking the staples out of the cabinets so i can paint.
                              
I primed it with Glidden Gripper. I've found you get a much nicer finish if you use the little foam rollers....not the fuzzy ones...leaves the surface nice and smooth with no brush marks.

lol....had to include a pic of my little buddies keeping me company!

Hampton Bay 24x84 in. Unfinished Utility Cabinet

Model # DDUC2418OHD
Store SKU # 385370

 They cost $199.00 each, but I got them on sale for 20% off....which is still a little pricey at $160.00 each, but I think they turned out nice.....
  Thanks for peeking and make sure you subscribe (upper right hand side...click the button that says posts with the little orange icon....then click on the choice "Atom"...you should be able to follow the directions from there...if you do this you'll receive email notifications when a new post is made)  because I'll be telling you guys how we made the island in a couple of days.

 One more thing! I just listed one of my mini's on Ebay if anyone is interested!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/230843535814?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

No comments:

Post a Comment