Tuesday, December 13, 2011

submission for the I Am Roses color Challenge IARCC

Today I made a snowflake wall hanging for an I Am Roses color challenge. I was at a little disadvantage because I only have a few I Am Roses flowers. The challenge was to to do something Christmas-y in blue and white. I only had white flowers, so I added some color to them using embossing powders. I'll do a YouTube tutorial and add the link this week.

I cut 3 chipboard and 3 Prima design paper snowflakes from one of my Accucut dies, then papered the chipboard. The little vintage image came from the Graphics Fairy Blog I believe. She has a ton of wonderful images you can use, so stop by and check her out.

I didn't have any blue flowers so I added some color to the white ones with embossing powder. The lace is only adheared on the sides. I thought it would be fun to be able to slip new pictures behind the lace every year, so it kind of acts as a pocket. (You could even switch out the pictures depending who was going to be visiting you lol....make everyone feel special!) Lastly, I just wove the ribbon through the holes in the snowflakes. It was actually very easy to do!

If you'd like to purchase the chipboard pieces and ore the design paper pieces, just comment below. The chipboard pieces will be $3.50 for 6 and the design paper pieces will be $3.75 for 6.
Thanks so much for visiting me! I'd love if you'd click the follow link and come back!
Hugs~Misty



4 comments:

  1. That die is gorgeous! Your project is really nice...great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project. Very beautiful dies and paper. More flowers would have over powered the snowflakes. Simply elegant. Also, I love your blog. Some blogs are way over done. I love the colors you have chosen. Very pleasing and easy to read. Blessings, JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty this is beautiful!! Good luck on the challenge!! xo Jules:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete