Friday, June 20, 2014


Hello Friends! I wanted to share a little mini wedding receipt organizer/scrapbook I made using Something Tattered Stamps and Color Box ink pads.
My Grandma had kept the receipts for everything from my Mom and Dad's wedding and it was so fun looking through them.
Sooooo, I came up with an idea for this little keepsake album. It's made out of library pockets, so there is plenty of room for all of your receipts, some pictures and journaling.
I have a video I made a while ago that shows the technique I used to bind the pockets together, you can see it here. (I used a little different library pocket, but you'll get the idea) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7wnYFbneRM
I used 5 pockets that where tea stained with walnut ink. (It comes in a powder and you mix in water and spray or dab on)
You can find the digi sheets in my shop here: 

http://www.zibbet.com/shabbybeautiful

The "Hinges" that hold the album together are from a digital collage sheet from my shop, as is the rose picture. I inked everything up with Color Box Pigment Ink in Copper. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it really adds some glimmery shine.

All the Stamps used in this little mini are from Something tattered. LOVE these stamps. So pretty and romantic.

I used the Pigment copper to stamp the image. 



Pretty Pink seam binding holds the album closed.


I've stamped and added pretty journal cards in each of the pockets.

The rest of the images were made with Color Box Crafter's Ink Pad in Bark.
I added some flowers and bling,


These stamps are so detailed and the Crafter's Ink gives great crisp lines. By the way, it can be used on paper, fabric, wood and more. I was impatient waiting for it to dry, so I used my heat gun to set it.


This mini is small, but full of room for pictures and journalling.


It's hard to see, but I cut tiny pearls from Prima bling and added them to the scroll work.


You could add even more pockets by just gluing the mats on 3 sides. I didn't do that on this one, but it is an option. 



This project was pretty quick and would make a beautiful gift for the Bride to be.
Thanks so much for peeking!

I'm listing a bunch of goodies on Ebay as well....I have a kiddo going to Mizzou in the fall and another one right behind him :) lol, so please put me in yoour favorites, I have a bunch of goodies that I am adding everyday...you never know...you may find a treasure ;) 
http://www.ebay.com/usr/shabbybeautiful




5 comments:

  1. stunning, Absolutely beautiful, That rose looks so real, what a great cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your projects. They are so beatiful.tfs
    Hugs
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects. I have just recently found your videos and blog. But then, I am always late to the party. This was such a great idea about saving the wedding receipts. I am really too late for this one. My three boys have been married for several years now. Maybe I can do these for my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects! Hope I did everything right to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so inspired by your work. So beautiful! Have a successfully subscribed? Not sure.

      Delete